I anticipate a lot of interest surrounding this fixture, mainly because of Reims’ form and Nantes’ “low confidence”.
But it’s only the 4th round and to be honest I do not believe talks about form and confidence are relevant.
I am going to do a different kind of preview for this game, I’ll start with the end and analyze both teams at once, skipping individual team analysis.
Nantes +0.50 at 1.72. Why? Because:
– I just can’t see Reims’ striker Courtet infiltrating inside a defense guarded by Vizcarrondo and Djilobodji. Courtet is a fragile (in terms of volume) player, while Nantes’ central defenders are solid and tough on their feet players.
– The rest of Reims offensive players (wingers Adar and Fortes) have the same profile as Courtet, kind of skinny and easy to unbalance. Nantes are very active on the wings, both on the offensive but also in the defensive phase.
– Reims are most vulnerable on the sides with fullbacks Mandi and Signorino (doubtful)/Glombard not having the skills needed by a Ligue1 side.
– Reims’ best player, defensive midfielder Krychowiak likes to advance and try his luck, especially when teammates can’t find any other solutions, and most likely Courtet, Atar and Fortes won’t be able to crack Nantes’ defense so Krychowiak will make a habit from going up the field.
– Hosts will often get exposed in front of an offense led by experienced Djordjevic and assisted heavily by the wingers.
– Finally, Reims’ keeper Agassa may have made a good impression in these first 3 games, but everyone familiar with him and his attributes knows very well he’s undecided, slow in interventions and hazardous at long balls.
These are the reasons for which I believe Nantes won’t leave empty handed from Auguste Delaune.
If it’s not convincing enough for you, at least stay away from taking Reims to win, it may save you some money…